Thursday, February 19, 2009

TCPTUES and cards for Grandma...

Saturday is my Grandma's 86th birthday. 86 years old, Holly Cow. Grandma lives in a nursing home in my hometown. She broke her hip almost 6 years ago and since then hasn't had the mobility to live on her own. Essentially she needs a walker and help bathing. Aside from that she is sharp as can be and gives the nurses a run for their money.

A few months ago I went to a stamp class where I made a sheet-load of cards. (Where you make like 10 cards from one piece of Designer Paper.) I sent them to Grandma and she LOVED them. She is forever sending my mom to the Dollar Store to get cards for her. (Christmas, birthday, sympathy, etc...) And really liked having nice cards on hand to send. Well, Grandma is out of the last ones I made her and needs some more. For her birthday I got her a card box from Stampin Up and have been working on filling it up. I'll put a bunch of cards in there and a book of stamps. I need to make a few more this weekend so I can take them with me when I go up there to visit the first week of March.

If you ever wonder what to do with your surplus cards, consider taking them to a local nursing home. Not only would the residents love them, they'd love to send them to their family and friends as well.
The card I made last night serves a few purposes. I played along with Amy R's sketch this week AND TCP Tuesday. I am a multi-tasker! Woo Hoo!!! The TCPTUES challenge was to make a card using cupcakes. I happen to have TCP cupcake stamps.

I used some really cute paper I got from Joanne's. I think it's Debby Mumm? The cardstock is from SU! and I colored the penguins with my Copics and SU! markers. I also covered the cupcakes with Crystal Effects to make them shinny. edit - I just realized that it said I covered the cupcakes with Crustal Effects. EWWWWW.... Not sure what kind of effect that would cause but it sounds unpleasant..

I'm not sure if this is going to be Grandma's birthday card or if it's going in the box. I guess it depends on if can make another card tonight. Grin....

Enjoy!!!
Lara

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Love what you did with the little cupcakes! Don't you just love these guys??! Fabo job on the challenge! Love it!

Hugs

~Spike

Karrie Baker said...

Your card turned out Great! Love that layout!! Thanks for playing!