Thursday, November 19, 2009

Special Thursday Hop!

What??!! Back again?? Oh yes I am! You see, today marks the 3rd birthday of Queen Kat Designs and we are having a PARTY!! If you haven't seen, you MUST head on over to the QKD Blog and check out all the challenges! There are some FANTASTIC prizes to be won, run on over and see what's up for grabs! I'll wait.... toodely doo... waiting... You back? Excellent!! In honor of the celebration, we are having a blog hop to announce a NEW DESIGNER!! Gack, yes we are!! Her name is Kelly Kost and her stamps are in the store for you to grab up! So,you should have arrived here from Anessa's blog, if not, get back to the beginning and see what you've missed!

I was lucky enough to play with her Wizard of Oz set. Isn't that ADORABLE??? I colored the friends with my Copic markers and with my Cpoic Multi liner pen, drew in a yellow brick road. Oh yes, I did. Let me tell you, this is the extent of my artistic ability. I remembered perspective and tried to make the road look like it was disappearing into the horizon. Then my brain was in danger of exploding and I went back to coloring. I used some fun fall papers and bling to finish off the card.
Now, you might think I'm finished, no siree. I made 2, count em, 2 cards! Again I started off coloring the image with my Copics.
I colored their faces to make them look more like the characters instead of kids playing dress up. I also went a little more abstract with the road and instead of drawing, filled it in with goldish glitter. I pulled out some fun paper in my stash and added some bling!
Well, I hope you've enjoyed your stay with me! Get on over to Linda's blog and see what she has waiting for you!
And in case you get lost, the links and hop order is below!
Enjoy!

12 comments:

Sara Henton said...

Entirely too cute!! I love this stamp & what you did with it

CraftyMomOf3 said...

so beautiful lara!!! love the coloring and the LO's of the cards!!

=)

LORi said...

Oh My these are adorable!!!
Just Darling!!!
Hugs ~ LORi

Maigan Lynn said...

ooooooooooh LARA!!!! I love the first one because of the colours but I love the second one because of their faces and the glitteriness they're standing on! Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Love them, wowy!! You do such a great job!! This stamp is great too!

linnes said...

Your cards are truly adorable!

2amscrapper said...

I love your take on this image with two totally different looks. Great color choices for the characters and the papers!

Nancyroo said...

stunning cards! that first one is really amazing.

Kelly-Ann said...

so amazing, i love it!!

Anita said...

Oooh, I love them all and your coloring is just fabulous.

Alexandra Lundgren said...

Both wonderful. Love them each for different reasons, but great coloring!!!!

Unknown said...

I must do a yellow brick road!! MUST!! This is so cute.