Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Royal Kat Wednesday!

WHAT??? Wednesday again? My how the time flies!! Hopefully you've arrived here from Bev's blog, If not, head on back to the beginning and see what the team has waiting for you this week!

For this project we had a lovely sketch to play with. Sometimes I have trouble "staying within the lines" so, um I took a little artistic license with this one.

I used the Frozen Dragon stamp which is brand new this month and colored him with Copics to match the sparkly paper that I picked up this evening. Since the dragon looked so cold, I figured he must have been standing in snow so I used white puff paint to make my drifts. To finish it off, I added a Happy Holidays rub-on. I really debated adding the strip on the side as the sketch call for, but I didn't want to cover up any more of the paper. (Also, please pardon the lighting. It's pretty late here and the natural light has been gone for HOURS.)

Well, that's all for me, Your next stop is Anessa! Go see what she has waiting for you!
Enjoy!


PS, here's the list in case you get lost!
QKD blog
Shannon's blog
Jules' blog
WIS blog
Bev (SG's) blog
Lara's blog
Anessa's blog
Nina's blog
Nancy's blog
Stephanie's blog
Queen Kat Designs Store

10 comments:

Nancyroo said...

cute! I love the way you colored him!

My name is Wynneth said...

Lara - this card is just delightful - that frozen dragon is a real cutie isn't he. Love the snow drifts!!!

hugs
wynneth
x

Alexandra Lundgren said...

So cute! Love the colors and this dragon is just adorable!!!

Steph Ackerman said...

I love his colors and the snow too.

CraftyMomOf3 said...

oh you KNOW i love that dragon!!! awesome job girlfriend!!! SOOOOOOO cute!

Anonymous said...

Great card!!

Juliet Diley said...

He is just so cute! You did super!

Cazzy said...

That is so funny, such a cold dragon!

Cazzy x

2amscrapper said...

The blue and white really make him look cold!

Maigan Lynn said...

so cute! I love the subtle colours!