Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Royal Kat Wednesday!

Yikes! I can't believe that it's the last Royal Kat Wednesday of the year! Holly cow, where did the time go?? Hopefully you arrived here from the WIS site. If not, get on back to the beginning and see what you've missed! Not only is it the last RKW for the year, but the last in the foreseeable future. We're moving the hops to Monday and Tuesday on 2010 and I'll be posting on Monday instead. So mom and my other blog reader, look for me then! HA!

Anywho, today's task was to use the spotlight technique. Basically you spotlight a portion of the image. Pretty self explanatory. Grin.... I used my Frozen Dragon to for this one.

I colored him with copics and highlighted his face by punching it out and matting it with a red circle. I punched out a few snow flakes for a little embellishment and bling. This was a super easy and fun technique. You also may notice that my picture isn't all yellow and dark. Could it be that I was on the ball and finished my post ahead of time and was able to take a picture while it was still light out? Nope! Kev got me a light tent for Christmas and I am SO excited! Tools to assist with procrastination! YEAH!!! (just kidding, really, it makes nicer pictures too...)

So, before you head out, there is a HUGE sale going on right now, you get 40% off past kits, 40% off ALL stamps and a free personalized stamp. Holly cow! That's an awesome deal! I would go shopping with that extra Christmas money if I were you!

Now, your time with me is really over, so scoot on over to Nina and see what sorts of awesome she has waiting for you!

Enjoy!
Oh, and just in case you get lost, here's the hop list!

QKD blog
Shannon's blog
Jules' blog
WIS blog
Lara's blog
Nina's blog
Nancy's blog
Stephanie's blog
Queen Kat Designs Store

7 comments:

Clare Lloyd said...

This is my first ever QKD blog hop so now i know to look out for them on Mon/Tues instead. Thanks for sharing your ideas!

My name is Wynneth said...

What a fun project Lara - love how you reversed the spotlighting it is a triumph :o)

hugs
wynneth
x

Steph Ackerman said...

Oh I love it. So colorful and yet so cold!!!

Anita said...

I love this Lara, most of used a neutral background and our popped image was colored, I love it the way you did it better.

2amscrapper said...

I love how your circle pop out is the portion not colored.

Cazzy said...

Is that reverse spotlighting?

Nice card.

Cazzy x

CraftyMomOf3 said...

love him love him love him!! you know he cracks me up!! and i LOVE how you reversed the technique...you're so stinkin' clever girlie!!!

xoxo!