Monday, March 16, 2009

Birthday card and Amy R sketch

I am running behind on sending out birthday cards. Well, technically I mailed it on time but it definitely won't get there before the birthday. Does that count? Is it still late if you mail it before the actual birthday? Even if you know it won't get there in time?

Yes, I was late sending out my niece's birthday card... and birthday present. Sorry. At least she knows it's on the way. I had a lovely time at Limited Too yesterday looking at little girl clothes. I love to buy little girl clothes. Sigh, I can't imaging how bad I'd be if I actually had a kid. (Everything would match!) I digress....

I was told that she prefers turquoise to pink, so I had to make her a turquoise card. Since her birthday is St. Patrick's Day, I decided to make Kiki the kitty (From Pink Cat Studio) green with a blue cupcake. (Hey, if you can't have a green cat / blue cupcake card when you're 9, when can you?)

So, I colored Kiki with my copics and cut out varying sizes of circles and scallops with my Nestabilities. I layered some Spring Moss card stock from PTI with some random turquoise paper and Basic Grey's Urban Prairie. I also ran a strip of green through the cuttlebug with the Swiss dots folder. Add a little ribbon from Michaels and some newly discovered flowers and there you have it. Oooo, and the sentiment is from MFT. I used Amy R's sketch for this week. She's celebrating 1 year of card sketches, so go check it out!

Enjoy!
Lara

0 comments: