Saturday, March 7, 2009

Leaving on a Jet plane

My journey is almost over... I'm sitting here at my parent's house waiting until 3pm when they'll take me to the airport. Then it's off to Baltimore with a 2 hour lay over and finally to Durham. Both Jet Blue flights were direct but I wasn't as lucky with Southwest. The good thing about Southwest is that you can have 2 checked bags for free. Let me tell you, I am pretty excited about that policy, especially since I had to get a duffel bag at Target yesterday to cart all my stuff back to NC.

I'm going to blame Ikea for the extra bag. It's kinda hard to stuff organizational pieces in your suitcase along with all of the other stuff I brought for a 7 day trip... Did I also mention that the temperatures have ranged from 15 degrees in NY to 72 here in Pittsburgh? How's a girl supposed to pack for that kind of weather?!?!

For the crafters that read my blog, I also scored some Nestabilities at Pat Catan's for $14.99 a pack. The selection was pretty picked over but I still managed to get some of the sets I was looking for. Joy...

It's been a pretty crazy week. NC to NYC, Broadway shows, diamond district, dinner, 12 inches of snow, rescheduled flights, Pittsburgh, parents, old friends, shopping and no baby arrival...

Phew! I'm ready to get home and see Kev (who got in yesterday) and the kitties. I do have a few pix to share once I get back! In the mean time, enjoy the lovely weather and think of me stuck in airports all day!

Lara

0 comments: