Saturday, March 14, 2009

Easter card #2 on my quest to be proactive....

Lookit how far ahead I am!! 2, yep 2 Easter cards down! Of course you may notice that in my quest I've completely ignored St. Patrick's day, and I haven't started a card for my niece's birthday, which also happens to be on the 17th. That one I have to get to work on. 9 year olds don't care that Aunt Lara is ahead of curve with her Easter cards if the birthday card and present are late...

So, perhaps you may have noticed that I don't use many flowers or buttons on my cards. I'm sure it has been a topic of conversation on many message boards, I know that my 10 faithful readers have thought, "Wow, if only Lara would throw on a flower or button, that card would be complete." I know you have, don't fib..

Well, I noticed it too. The thing is, I don't really have any flowers or buttons... until yesterday. Yep, I went to Michaels and got me a few packs of flowers, some buttons, really cool chipboard button thingies in the $1 section and packs of designer paper for $1 as well.

Isn't that black and green paper ADORABLE???? I love it! I took some green and white cardstock, both PTI, and then I used my rectangle nestabilities. I stamped the bunny and colored him with copics. This is another stamp from the Beans, Bunnies and Peeps set from TCP. I used a chipboard flower (also from the $1 pack at Michaels), I would like to point out that this is the FIRST time I have EVER used chipboard on a card. Sniff, sniff, I'm no longer pure...

I think I like chipboard! The verdict is still out on the buttons but I could get there. I did start a button jar yesterday. It seems like something people should do when the economy is bad. I do draw the line at using old catalogs for tp though.

Enjoy!
Lara


0 comments: