Sunday, November 30, 2008

How about a little holiday puddin'?

Bread Pudding that is!

I realized I hadn't shown any Homemade Gourmet goodies in a while, so how about something that's sure to be a hit with your friends and family??? Homemade Gourmet debuted an Orange Cranberry Bread pudding this fall and I have been serving it at shows for the past few months. It's been a HUGE hit and I wanted to show you just how easy it is to prepare! (Everyone else will think you spent hours in the kitchen!) Just like those adds for Rice Krispy Treats where the lady throws some flour on her nose and walks out with a tray of Krispy Treats and everyone "thinks" she slaved away in the kitchen.... PLEASE as if! Everyone knows how to make Krispy treats and there isn't a bit of flour involved! I call Shenagins!

K, Back to the pudding...


When you open the bag, there are 2 other bags inside. One of Crasins and one for the glaze. It's pretty obvious which is which. Just in case, HINT: the Crasins are red. :)

Check the inside flap for the instructions and additional ingredients.


3 Cups of milk, 3 eggs, got it!



Then 1/2 of a 16oz loaf of French bread. You can use the other half for sandwiches or French toast, You already have eggs and milk, right?

Chop the bread into one inch cubes.
Then you mix the first package of dry mix (the stuff that isn't the Crasins or the glaze) into a big bowl with the milk and eggs. Then toss the bread into the bowl and let it soak for 3 minutes. Then you can either pour the Crasins on top or mix them in with the soaked bread, (I mixed mine in.) Dump it all into a 13x9 baking dish, bake at 350 degrees for an hour and you get....


Mmm... While that cools, melt a 1/2 stick of unsalted butter. (I melt mine in my Pyrex measuring cup. It doesn't get hot and has a handy handle...) Mix the butter with the glaze package and a 1/4 cup of either orange or cranberry juice. Or, if you're me, a tablespoon of orange juice and the rest Grand Marnier. Mmmm...liquor...


Mix it all together and drizzle over the top of the pudding! (I stab it with a fork after I pour on the glaze to make sure it soaks into the pudding.)
That's it!

Wasn't that SO easy?!!! I know! And at only $6.50 a bag, it makes an excellent gift for friends and family! On a side note, anyone who is interested in placing an HG order of $50 or more on December 1st only will receive a FREE Garlic Basil Seasoning mix! If you're interested, click on the HG Catalog and it will take you to my HG website, my contact info is there!
HG is running specials for the 12 days of Christmas, so check back for more deals!
To my crafty card blog readers, I have some really cute stuff to show you tomorrow! But for now I have to fold some laundry!
Enjoy!
Lara

0 comments: