Friday, July 3, 2009

Christmas in July?

Technically I made the project in June but Christmas in July sounds a lot better. I was playing with my new Christmas stamps from Queen Kat Designs. One of the stamps is a To and From and I immediately thought that it destined to go on a tag. This is a little more countrified than my usual projects but I decided to branch out a little.

I picked up a few wooden stars from Mike's for .20 apiece. I started by decoupaging some designer Christmas paper from last year to the star.; After it dried I distressed the edges, stamped the To and From with Versamark and embossed with gold powder. It still needed a little more antiquing and I sponged some gold paint on the edges. Punch a hole at the top and thread some twine and there you go. All of the new stamps are on sale 25% off at QKD for the next few days, head on over there and pick up some for yourself!

I think it will make an adorable accent to someones gift this year.
Enjoy!

Lara

1 comments:

Carol said...

So many fabulous creations since i last popped in! and this star is another.... love it :)

Hugs
Carol x