Thursday, July 23, 2009

I don't like birdies anymore.

No, I don't. You see this Sunday (after I made this card) I was in the backyard with Titus and Luger. I wasn't paying attention and lost Titus. Usually when you "lose" Titus, he's ventured into the drainage ditch at the end pf the backyard. I went to look for him and as I'm leaning over looking at the tube, something swoops past me and brushes my hair. I jump back and see an angry bird hovering beside of me. It then swooped at me heading right for my eyes. (To peck them out I'm sure.) I took off running through the yard shrieking at the top of my lungs and into the house. As I dash in, I see Titus wander over from the side of the house, no where NEAR the ditch. I tried to explain my near death experience to Kevin who was quite unconcerned. 1 hubby 3 kitties and nothing, no help.

I finally went back outside and saw the birdie staring at me from the neighbor's yard. He then hopped to a bush and screamed at Luger. Darn birdie. He was staring at me this evening when I went onto the porch. I'm biding my time and so is he.... We'll see who wins in the end.

The entire accident happened AFTER I made this birdie love card using the Unity KOTM for the month. I used some designer paper from Cosmo Cricket's everafter collection, Dusty Durango and Basic Gray cardstock from SU!

I did some coloring with a Copic marker and added some Stickles. I just love using Gray as a neutral color on my cards.

I like this birdie a lot better, she doesn't try to decapitate me....
Enjoy!
Lara