Thursday, July 30, 2009

Clear dollar stamps guest designer call

Good morning!! having a happy Thursday? I sure am, I'm in the process of cleaning out the old files and desks of ex-employees. Yesterday I found some reports from 2004. I was a little sad that they had celebrated their 5 year anniversary in the department and no one noticed. Grin...

So, have you heard that Clear Dollar Stamps is looking for some guest designers??? I think their stamps are adorable and I knew I had to throw my hat in the ring. The challenge for the month was to make a card using this sketch as a template.

Here's what I came up with...

My interpretation of the stripes is a little abstract. There is a panel of designer paper, ribbon, designer paper then a scalloped edge to make the 4 vertical elements. I then stamped this border and sentiment from Verve stamps with Old Olive and Baja Breeze ink. The card still needed a little "something" and the swirls absolutely fit the bill. A few rhinestones and there you have it.
Feel free to check out the details at the Clear Dollar Stamps blog! I have my fingers crossed!
Enjoy!
Lara

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute card and your DP.

Laurie Wilson said...

Ooo, such pretty colors together and I like how you did the sketch with the ribbon over the DP!