Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Royal Kat Wednesday!!

Hi all!! Hopefully you've joined me from Victoria's blog. If not, head back to the Queen Kat blog and start from the beginning! This stuff is too good to miss!

The theme for this week's hop was to draw inspiration from this picture and make something pretty.
I was really excited to see the bright summery colors and all that yellow! I looked over my QKD stamps and knew I had to ink up Lani the mermaid from the Whimsical Ink Sorority line.

Isn't she beautiful? I colored her with my Copics and layered some designer paper from MME behind her. While I was creating her the other night I had a flash of smart and decide to share 2 helpful tips for you faithful hoppers.
The first one is that if you have your beautiful stamped and colored image on a piece of paper and accidentally trim it too close on one side, instead of redoing the entire thing, simply cut out the image and mount it on a piece of decorative paper.
Tip number 2 that I JUST realized and I really felt a little slow that I hadn't realized this before. If you want to layer a piece of paper behind one of your Nestibilites and the next size up is a little big for your liking, cut one shape with your die cut machine and then with the same die, trace it on a separate sheet of paper and cut it out! Really, I was SO proud of myself last night then I figured that everyone had figured this out already. Still proud of myself though!
Alright, enough of my rambling, head over to Anessa and take a look the awesomeness she has in store for you and don't forget to stop by the store and check out the amazing clearance sale!!
Enjoy!
Lara

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card! Those colors are wonderful together....and I love how you turned your "mistake" into an opportunity.

Tina said...

So pretty, great coloring!

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful!!! Great job with this card!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, great choice of papers!!!

Maria said...

Very pretty, great papers!

2amscrapper said...

Love the orange and the layering!

Gina Wrona said...

Awesome! Love the layers and outlined look.

Hugs,
Gina

Annette Bowes said...

Love the card, what wonderful coloursX:)