Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Welcome to to the QKD!!!

It's July first and that means new stamp releases from Queen Kat Designs and a blog hop!! Hopefully you came here from Anessa's blog. If not, head on back to the Queen Kat blog so you won't miss any of the awesome projects from the design team!

So, on with my projects. I got to play with the brand Spanking new Fancy Christmas set! I wanted to show just how versatile this set was. When I first received it I thought how awesome it would look embossed with silver.


I think the funky paper gives it a retro feel. It makes me think of Christmas trees from back in the day that were sprayed with white/silver flocking (like my cousin does) and covered in icicles. For those of you who didn't grow up in the northeast, icicles are awful pieces of shiny silver string that your mom puts on the tree. When you walk past the icicles are drawn to your pants with static electricity. Then you find them allover the place for the next 7 months.

I stamped the image with Versamark and embossed with silver glitter. This is my way to get some silver on the tree without having to wrestle icicles from the cats.

Now don;t think that this set can only be used for funky fresh cards, no way. I also whipped up a more traditional image. This one was stamped with Chocolate Chip ink and I added some accents with the gold glitter pen,


This one came together pretty quickly and I like how the flowers look like pointsettas. So, if you like what you see here, head over to the Queen Kat Store and pick up some of your very own! Heck, they're 25% off right now, what are you waiting for?? In the mean time head over to the next stop on the hop, the super talented Andrea. I'm sure she has something spectacular waiting for you!

Enjoy!!

11 comments:

2amscrapper said...

Love your cards. Had to laugh remembering those icicles!

Penny said...

gorgeous!!! love the feel of both cards!!

Anonymous said...

Both cards are stunning!!

Victoria said...

Gorgeous cards. I love the colors on that first one. The "flowers" on the second are a great touch.

AlienAnessa said...

You did SUCH great work with those stamps!! I laughed too about the icicles!!!!! =)

Beverly said...

Super gorgeous card! I love the papers you chose with the stamp! Awesome!

Michelle said...

These are beautiful! Are you sure you're a beginner?! LOL! Fantastic!

Maria said...

Awesome job! They both look fab and I love the flowers!

Andrea Murdock said...

these are so elegant. feel free to put me on your christmas card list tee hee!!!!

Little C's Creations said...

Sweet creations!!! Love them both!

LORi said...

Oh My Fantastic!!!