Saturday, August 16, 2008

I'm really not this prolific

It really looks like I'm a blogging fiend with 4 posts today. Seriously, the first 2 were cut and pasted from my other, now defunct blog. The thoughts were good, might as well post them!

I live in the Triangle area of North Carolina and we are smack dab in the middle of a bunch of major universities and colleges. I guess the summer has flown by and I didn't realize that it was move-in day for all of the schools. I was mid-way through my trip to Target (cursing under my breath about the crowds of people) when I realized what was going on.

The crowds and the cars on the highway packed full of gear had me feeling a little nostalgic. We loaded up the Chevy Astro van 15 years ago and drove me off to college for the very first time. It really doesn't seem all that long ago.

Here's to living in the dorm for the first time and finding out how weird your roommate is. Here's to all nighters, endless re-runs of the Cutting Edge, O Fries at 2 in the morning and smoke breaks in front of Amos Hall. Here's to sorority rush, the first mixer of the year and carrying the standard to the first Pitt Panther's game.

Does anyone else have any fave college memories?

Enjoy the school year!

3 comments:

Jacqueline TresBella said...

Love your cards! IS that new stampin up paper on the martinibella?

Jacqueline

Lara said...

Nope, it's old paper. I think it was discontinued, I couldn't find it in the new catalog.

Cheribella said...

Great card. I don't have her yet but I should definitely put her on the list.
Cheri