Sunday, August 24, 2008

New HG products

Part of the reason I wanted to start blogging was to show off some of the wonderful Homemade Gourmet products. I've been a consultant for a little over a year now and I absolutely LOVE the products. I started out as big fan of the line and after a while, I decided to take the plunge and start my own business.
I was first introduced to Homemade Gourmet almost 5 years ago. I was at a bridal expo with a friend of mine and a consultant had a table set up with samples of the Basic Sweet Bread (still one of my very most favorite products!) and the Basic Cheesecake mixes. I was hooked! Now comes the sad part... after I finished what I'd bought, I promptly forgot the name of the company. Yep, for almost 2 years. (Memory, not so good.) Then I was driving along and saw a sticker on the back of a car that said "Homemade Gourmet." I was SO excited and yep, you guessed it, I forgot the name by the time I got home. (I now keep a pen and paper in the car for just this reason.)
A few months later ran into another consultant at a craft show and THIS time I wrote it down, the rest as they say, is history.
Homemade Gourmet has a really great statement that pretty much sums up their purpose, it's, "to provide the products and ideas that makes today's home cooking easy for people with busy lifestyles." Sounds pretty good, right? That's part of the reason why I fell in love with the line. I am NOT a cook by any stretch of the imagination, but with Homemade Gourmet everyone thinks I am. :)

So, I wanted to start showing how easy it it to prepare our products. Tonight I made the brand new "Three Cheese Garlic Biscuits". I hadn't tried them yet and decided to use DH as a guinea pig.


All of the dry ingredients come in the bag and all you have to do is add the wet!
One of my favorite features, the instructions are on the inside flap!
Look at all I needed to make these biscuits! Just some water and cheese!

OK eagle eyes, yes the recipe calls for 2/3 cup of water and I have 1 cup here. I noticed it after I took the picture, but I did follow the recipe. As for the cheese, yep there's a little extra. (I like cheese!)

Voila! A quick bake in the oven at 375 and this is what you get! Why the little pile of butter you ask? Well, that's to drizzle over the fresh biscuits. You could use margarine or spray butter as well. That's what I did but DH used the butter. These were super tasty and would be great in the morning as well! We had some leftover ham and DH made little ham biscuit sandwiches!

Mmmm.... biscuits.... Enjoy!

Lara



0 comments: