Sunday, August 31, 2008

New cards and such

I do love a 3 day weekend. Let me tell you that the break is long over due. You ever get to that point where things start to slip a little bit while you're really busy? That's what this past week was like for me. I know that I have HG administrative stuff to do today, like add people to "In the Mix" so they'll receive the newsletter. I have a few friends who are newly pregnant and I need some thank you cards for upcoming shows. Also, mom's birthday is Tuesday and I need to make a card for her. I think I'll send her the card I made for the TCP birthday challenge. That one can be from the kitties. I still needed one to send from Kev and I, so I inked up Cakeabella and whipped up this little number.
This paper from Basic Grey is awesome and I love that you can use so many different colors for the background. I colored her with my SU! ink and blender pens and outlined her with my Prisamacolor gray marker. I also had to try out my brand new SU! scallop punch. I got is yesterday and couldn't wait to try it out! It is AWESOME!!
So, I have a confession to make, when I started perusing different stamping sites and spending WAY too much time on Splitcoast Stampers I saw the My Favorite Things stamps and I didn't really get it. (Where were their heads?) I completely understand though, I am not by any stretch of the imagination an artist. I can barely draw a stick figure. Maybe their first artist was really good at drawing bodies and that became their thing. I get it. But I must watch too many shows on discovery health and I started to wonder what they were hiding. Was it a hideous deformity? Covered in warts? Two heads? Could they be cross-eyed? (Yep, WAY too many shows...)
Well, they recently released this new set, Totally Witchin'. And I saw some ADORABLE cards! The one that pushed me over the edge was this one. The "Wicked" theme did it for me. Seriously, If you haven't seen the show/heard the soundtrack, it is a must see!!
I digress, I made this for a friend of mine who's been having a crappy time at work. I have a few other things for her, so I hope it will brighten her day!

(Check out the little black card holder. I got it at World Market today for $4. Muy Convenient..

Here's another one from last night. Heck yeah! Look at me being crafty on the long weekend! This one was super simple. I had this black/gold sparkle paper that I've been saving for Halloween and it makes a super cute background. The pattern paper is from the new SU! catalog. The sentiment and ghosts are from Whipper Snapper Designs. I stamped the ghosts with Versamark and embossed them with clear powder. I think it makes them look extra spooky. :) The bat brads are from Archiver's and on clearance a few months ago. Gotta love a good sale!

Well, I think that's enough for now. I'm pretty sure I've DVR'd the lady with half a body. Off vege on the couch!

Enjoy!

Lara

0 comments: