Sunday, January 4, 2009

Back to Creativity

I don't know about you, but I had a great time this holiday season. But, as awesome as it was, I think I'm ready to get back into a "normal" routine". Time to go back to work, back to the gym, you know, all that fun stuff.

I also made a Resolution this year. I normally don't, but for 2009 I really want to be more organized. I'm generally really organized but I seemed to have lost it in 2008. I like being organized, I like knowing where everything is and everything having a place..... It's time to reclaim my space.

As part of my quest of organization I'm transforming one of the spare bedrooms into my craft / Homemade Gourmet room. Who needs 2 guest rooms anyway? No more than 1 0r 2 people ever come to visit at once and we do have several couches. Why save the space when I could be using it ina FAR more constructive manner. I plan to have that completed by 1Q 09, so I'll keep you posted on the progress...

I do have some stuff to show you. I got a little stamping time in last night and I was able to churn out not one but TWO cards. Yep, TWO! I'm making up for lost time and I have some stamps that haven't been inked yet!!

Here's Snowbunny Bella. Just like you, I'm not quite sure why she isn't wearing pants. I would think that if she needs to wear that big heavy coat that perhaps her legs would be a bit chilly. Maybe she lives here in NC though, I saw several people in shorts yesterday on the 63 degree January day... Even though we've been here 3 winters, it's still weird to me.

K, I used DP from SU! and from Basic Grey's Wassail pack. I admit that I made the base for a Christmas card and I never got around to stamping an image for it. Bella was colored with Copic markers and SU! markers. I tried to make the fur look like fur. Her hat reminded me of this giant Russian looking hat that my mom got in Canada in the 1960's It was giant and furry and I'm sure very warm during the Canadian winters. I do know that we (as precocious kids) politely asked her not to wear it in public any more.... I digress...

I got Craveabella because there is a pregnancy epidemic going on right now. I have 4 pregnant friends. 4... there must be something in the water... I'm drinking Diet Coke. :) So this one is for one of my oldest friends who happens to be expecting her 2nd baby. The tech said that she was 80% sure that it was a girl. Just 80%... Mmmm, I would like to start buying pink stuff and my mom needs to know so she can start her "winter project". 80%'s pretty good but there's always the "what if". I'm routing for a girl since 95% of my friends have had boys. I think we need some more girls AND the clothes are SO flippin' cute! Kristin, if you read this post, this one's on its way for you!

I did a LOT of paper piecing on this one. I pieced the footstool, the chair and her shirt. I thought about the doing the pillow but then I decided that Kristin would prefer to sit in a sparkly pillow. I also added Stickles to her pink slippers. There's puff paint on the sundae to make it pop. All the DP and cardstock are from SU!

I added this sentiment to the inside of the card....



Alright, I have a pile of clothes to fold. Wish me luck!
Enjoy!
Lara

8 comments:

Debby said...

I love what you did with the fur. I think this is the first time I've seen it brown and not white and it looks fabulous! Wow! Nice job. And preggo girl. Very pretty. There was a time I had several friends pregnant at the same time and for those of us that were not we did not sit in those chairs! ;-)

Lynn Put said...

These are really great Bella cards! I love the warm colors on the Snowbunnybella and the cute paper piecing on Pegnant one! I'd be stickin to Diet Coke too, lol!

Rachel said...

Love the cards! I love the paper piecing on craveabella! Wow!

Kimmie said...

Adorable cards- I really LOVE the colors you chose for them!

Danni said...

Great cards!! YOu did a great job!

Tracey said...

These cards are just gorgeous Lara!

Cami said...

You always have cute ideas! Keep it up. I enjoy looking and using some of your ideas on my own cards. I'm not really big into stamps. I use quickuts!

Anonymous said...

I think this is my all time favorite snowbunnybella. She's adorable (& a lil bit naughty with no pants on). I love the color combos & the natural color scheme you used. TYFS!