Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A little somethin' somethin'?

Hi all! I have 2 cards to show you today. The first one is using one of my fantabulous gnome stamps from Just Johanna's Odd Bird Planet. I adore her gnomes, they are too flipping cute. This guy is "gnome tangled in lights" but, uh, since Christmas is over, I had to make the lights a vine and leaves. It works, right?

The card stock is Chocolate Chip from SU! and Kraft from PTI. The DP is Basic Grey Offbeat. A scallop punch, Always Avocado ribbon from PTI and a few baubles and there you go!

He looks a little nervous and I like that.

The next one is a card I made for the My Favorite Things Guest Designer Challenge. The task was to make a one layer card. Let me tell you, SO much harder than I thought.
This set is brand spankin' new from MFT and called Owl for All Seasons. It is super cute and can be used year round. I stamped the owls on PTI white card stock (6 times I stamped them until I had one I didn't smudge. Really... 6)

Then I colored them with Copics and SU! Makers. Then I stamped a few snowflakes and stuck some baubles in the center. Since it was a chilly winter scene I added some puff paint to the branch.
I love their little faces. Their beaks look like little smiley mouths. So cute. Unfortunately I was too late to qualify for the contest Grrr... I couldn't get a good picture of this card. Really the camera did NOT like it.

Well folks, tonight begins American Idol! Yes!!!
Enjoy!
Lara

1 comments:

Shannon Roberts said...

The Gnome is so awesome! Luv the overall look of your card! And your owls, are soooooo cute! I have seen other thing made with them & I must say I found them quite "odd". You card makes me reconsider! I luv IT!!!