Sunday, January 11, 2009

Little Monkey News

I really do love my Little Monkey's Stamp Storage System. I was a big fan prior to joining the design team and so excited to be able to promote their awesome system! One of the best things about Little Monkeys is that not only do I get to try out all of their fabulous products but they have been partnering with other stamp companies in honor of their birthday so we can see how well the system works with all different kinds of stamp lines.
This month we got to play with some stamps from Unity Stamp company. I was super excited to play with their stamps and couldn't wait to see what they sent me!! I was REALLY hoping they'd send me the Jolly Little Winter set and they did!!! It is super adorable and I just love those penguins!
When I first saw the set, I thought they were just screaming to be made into a shaker card. So here goes. my very first attempt!
I just love that sparkly glitter in the card, it looks so much like fresh new snow. (Not the snow that piles up in the middle of the road and is all black and yucky, but the pretty snow that gets you a day off from school.) I used Baja Breeze card stock and cut the scalloped circles with my Nestabilities. I took a piece of a plastic sleeve and poured in my glitter. Then I sandwiched the glitter between another piece of card stock and lined up the scalloped circles. (That was hard let me tell you!) Them I lined up the penguin and stamped him on a piece of white card stock so that he lined up with the snow.
The snowflakes were stamped with Whisper White craft ink then heat embossed to make it sparkle. The ribbon is from Little Monkeys (It was wrapped around one of my storage systems) snowflake punch from Martha and the sentiment was cut with one of my Nesties. It really was a lot of fun to make and I have it gracing my desk at work.
I also wanted to show you how well the system organizes your stamps. Here is the Jolly Little Winter set on one of the Little Monkeys inserts.

Notice how much room there is left on the sheet for additional stamps! You could easily fit another set or 2 on the sheet. Also, I have this sleeve sitting at a 90 degree angle. Not a stamp is falling or sliding, all perfectly in place, exactly where I placed it.

Alright peeps, Sunday means laundry AND some Steeler football!! Woot woot!!
Enjoy!
Lara

3 comments:

Marcia said...

Cute shaker card! Love that stamp set too!

Shannon Roberts said...

I would seriously never ever known this was a first attempt! TOOOO CUTE!

***HeatheR*** said...

Love the snow in the shaker! What a cute littl pinguin too! Great job!!
***HeatheR***