Sunday, January 25, 2009

Whimsy Stamps

Have you checked out Whimsy Stamps? They have the cutest animal images!!! Needless to say, I was super excited to see that they were looking for a Guest Designer for February. You can check out all the details here. To play along you need to use the great sketch Denise provided.
I really like this Sketch, it's definitely a keeper in my book! I did take a little creative license in my interpretation.


I used Coffee Riley from Hanna Stamps and colored him with my Copics. I also used some SU! Markers as well. I am also pleased to say that I just may have figured out this new camera!!! Hooray! I have a nice space set up in my stamping room that seems to have just the right balance of natural light. Yea...

Here's a side view where you can see the Stickles I added to the cupcake and coffee steam. (I really included this picture because I was super impressed by my ability to take a picture of sparkles and have them show up.)

And a close up of the sentiment. I fiddled with it for a LONG time last night and I'm pretty happy with the results.

Well, you only have 1 more day to submit your entry for this month's contest! Hurry yourself up and show your stuff!!!

If you weren't aware, the Pittsburgh Steelers are in the Super Bowl. Woot Woot! Growing up 30 miles outside of the city and being a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh, you know who I'm routing for! Well, We decided a few months ago to have a Super Bowl party. At that time I reserved the right to make it a Pittsburgh themed event should they make it to the big game. That means Pittsburgh Tail Gate food! Wings, pepperoni rolls, meatball and Italian sausage sandwiches and for dessert, black and gold smiley face cookies shipped from Eat N Park! (It's an institution)

So, I have to head off to the grocery store and get my ingredients!! Have a happy Sunday!!!

Paper - PTI Ocean tides, SU! Chocolate Chip, Basic Grey - Offbeat Stamps - Hanna Stamps Coffee Riley, Gel-a-tins coffee set for the sentiment, Copics and SU! markers, SU! Chocolate Chip ribbon, Stickles, SU! and Martha punches

3 comments:

V Colbourne said...

Love love love this card. That moose stamp is the sweetest!

Tracey said...

A fantastic card Lara! I love Riley!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Wow, super job with this sketch! Love the color combo and the circle frame! Adorable image, perfect coloring. Thanks for trying out for the call. :)